Minimizing Energy Consumption for Online Games on Mobile Phones
Revision as of 01:59, 18 October 2010 by Aah10
We are exploring energy saving mechanisms for online games on mobile phones.
- Cong Ly (MSc student)
- Cameron Harvey (MSc student)
- Ahmed Hamza (PhD student)
- R. C. Harvey, A. Hamza, C. Ly, and M. Hefeeda, Energy-Efficient Gaming on Mobile Devices using Dead Reckoning-based Power Management, In Proc. of ACM Workshop on Network and Systems Support for Games (NetGames 2010), 6 pages, Taipei, Taiwan, November 2010.
On-going Research Problems
References and Links
- GLS - Game Latency Simulator from the University of Oslo emulates the behaviour of the open source game BZFlag, a first-person shooter game.
- PowerTutor an application for Google phones that displays the power consumed by major system components such as CPU, network interface, display, and GPS receiver and different applications.