Revision as of 14:13, 6 August 2019 by Kdiab
|Mohamed Hefeeda||Joseph G. Peters|
|Khaled Diab||Neha Sharma|
|Mohammad Amin Arab||Mohamed Hegazy|
- Hamed Ahmadi, August 2017. Next: Software Engineer, Vancouver.
- Mohamed ElGharib (at QCRI), 2015. Next: Scientist at QCRI, Qatar. Current: Researcher at Max Plank Institute, Germany.
- Tamir Hegazy, August 2013. Next: Researcher, Georgia Tech, Atlanta. Current: Principal Scientist, Philips, Cambridge, MA.
- Abdul Hasib, January 2013. Next: System Design Engineer, SNC Lavalin, Vancouver.
- Maysam Yabandeh (at QCRI), 2013. Next: Research Engineer, Facebook.
- Mustafa Rafique (at QCRI), 2012. Next Scientist, IBM Research, Ireland.
Graduated Students (Supervised by Dr. Hefeeda)
- Mohammed Shatnawi, Ph.D., Fall 2018, Improving Reliability of Large Scale Multimedia Services. Next: Microsoft, Seattle (continues in his previous position).
- Kiana Calagari, Ph.D., Summer 2017, Generating and Streaming Immersive Sports Video Content. Next: Researcher at Ever AI, Vancouver.
- Ahmed Hamza, Ph.D., Spring 2017, Quality-aware 3D Video Delivery. Next: Researcher at InterDigital, Montreal.
- Saleh Almowuena, Ph.D., Fall 2016, Hybrid Multicast-Unicast Video Streaming over Heterogeneous Cellular Networks Next: Assistant Professor, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia.
- ChengHsin Hsu, Ph.D., Fall 2009, Efficient Mobile Multimedia Streaming. Next: Senior Researcher, Deutsche Telekom R&D Lab, California, USA. Current: Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan.
M.Sc. Students -- Thesis Option (thesis = 15 credits)
- Omar Arafa, M.Sc., Summer 2019, Bandwidth Estimation and Rate Adaptation for 360-degree Mobile Video Streaming. Next: Fortinet, Burnaby.
- Omar Eltobgy, M.Sc., Fall 2018, VRCast: Mobile Streaming of Live 360-Degree Videos. Next: Adobe, Ottawa.
- Alaa Eldin Abdelaal, M.Sc., Summer 2017, Event-based Control as a Cloud Service. Next: Ph.D. student at UBC.
- Abdullah Aldhamin, M.Sc., Fall 2014, Flash Storage Management Algorithm for Large-Scale Hybrid Storage Systems. Next: back to Saudi Aramco Oil Company.
- Ahmed Abdelsadek, M.Sc., Fall 2014, Distributed Index for Matching Multimedia Objects. Next: Microsoft, Vancouver.
- Md. Mahfuzur Rahman, M.Sc., Spring 2014, Hybrid Multicast-Unicast Streaming over Mobile Networks. Next: Telus, Vancouver.
- Ahmed Bu-khamsin, M.Sc., Fall 2012, Socket Direct Protocol over PCI Express Interconnect: Design, Implementation and Evaluation. Next: back to Saudi Aramco Oil Company.
- Azin Dastpak, M.Sc., Fall 2012, Video Streaming over Cognitive Radio Networks (co-supervised with Prof. Jiangchuan Liu)
- Naghmeh Khodabakhshi, M.Sc., Summer 2012, Copy Detection of 3D Videos. Next: RIM, Ottawa.
- Taher Dameh, M.Sc., Summer 2012, Distributed Kernel Matrix Approximation and Implementation using MPI
- Fei Gao, M.Sc., Fall 2011, Distributed Approximate Spectral Clustering for Large-Scale Datasets
- R. Cameron Harvey, M.Sc., Fall 2011, Spatio-Temporal Video Copy Detection. Next: Amazon, Seattle.
- Hamed Sadeghi Neshat, M.Sc., Summer 2011, Effective Online Advertising. Next: Microsoft, Seattle.
- Farid Molazem Tabrizi, M.Sc., Spring 2011, Adaptive Transmission of Variable-Bit-Rate Video Streams to Mobile Devices (co-supervised with Prof. Joseph Peters). Next: PhD Student at UBC.
- Shabnam Mirshokraie, M.Sc., Fall 2010, Live Peer-to-Peer Streaming with Scalable Video Coding and Network Coding. Next: PhD Student at UBC
- Somsubhra Sharangi, M.Sc., Fall 2010, Scalable Video Streaming over WiMAX Networks (co-supervised with Prof. Ramesh Krishnamurti). Next: PhD Student at SFU.
- Yuanbin Shen, M.Sc., Summer 2010, Efficient Algorithms for Multi-sender Data Transmission in Swarm-based Peer-to-peer Streaming Systems
- Cong Ly, M.Sc., Summer 2010, Latency Reduction in Online Multiplayer Games Using Detour Routing. Next: Microsoft, Vancouver.
- Yi Liu, M.Sc., Fall 2009, Video Streaming over Cooperative Wireless Networks. Next: grad student, Oxford, UK.
- Greg Kowalski, M.Sc., Fall 2009, Empirical Analysis of Multi-Sender Segment Transmission Algorithms in Peer-to-Peer Streaming
- Kianoosh Mokhtarian, M.Sc., Fall 2009, Efficient and Secure Delivery of Scalable Video Streams. Next: PhD Student at UoT.
- Behrooz Noorizadeh, M.Sc., Fall 2007, Cooperative Proxy Caching for Peer-to-Peer Traffic. Next: Nokia, Vancouver.
- Hossein Ahmadi, M.Sc., Summer 2007, Probabilistic Coverage and Connectivity in Wireless Sensor Networks. Next: PhD Student at UIUC,
- Majid Bagheri, M.Sc., Summer 2007, Efficient K-Coverage Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks and their Applications to Early Detection of Forest Fires. Next: PhD Student at SFU.
- Osama Saleh, M.Sc., Fall 2006, Modeling and Caching of Peer-to-Peer Traffic. Next: engineer in the banking sector, London, UK.
M.Sc. Students -- Project Option (project = 6 credits)
- Kaushik Choudhary, M.Sc., Summer 2012, Design and Implementation of an Electronic Service Guide for Mobile Video Systems
- Mohammad Alkurbi, M.Sc., Spring 2011, Detection of Botnets Mounted on the Session Initiation Protocol
Graduated Students (Supervised by Dr. Peters)
M.Sc. Students -- Thesis Option (thesis = 15 credits)
- Mohsen Jamali Langroodi, M.Sc., Fall 2014, Decoder-complexity-aware Encoding of Motion Compensation for Multiple Heterogeneous Receivers
- Mohammad Hosseini, M.Sc., Summer 2013, Energy-budget-compliant Adaptive 3D Texture Streaming in Mobile Games
- Pariya Raoufi, M.Sc., Spring 2013, Real-Time Video Streaming over WiMAX Networks with H.264 Coding
Visitors and Interns
- Seyed Mohammad Nourbakhsh, Professional Master's Student (Research Internship, June 2019 -- August 2019)
- Suhong Kim, Professional Master's Student (Research Internship, May 2019 -- August 2019)
- Trevor Gale, Undergraduate (Research Internship, May 2019 -- August 2019)
- Qiao Chen, Undergraduate (August 2016 -- January 2017)
- Denny Stohr, Graduate (Research Visitor from TU Darmstadt, Germany, September 2015 -- December 2015)
- Maram Sakr, Graduate (Research Internship, March 2015 -- September 2015)
- Yu-Sian Li, Graduate (Research Visitor from National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, July -- September 2012)
- Gordon Leung, Undergraduate (NSERC USRA, Summer 2010)
- Andreas Berger, Graduate (Research Visitor from The Telecommunications Research Center Vienna, February -- May 2009)
- Vikas Kumar, Undergraduate (Research Internship, May -- July 2008)
- Nitin Chiluka, Undergraduate (Research Internship, December 2007 -- May 2008)
- Nicolas Gomez, Undergraduate (NSERC USRA, Summer 2007)
- Pouya Alagheband, Undergraduate (NSERC USRA, Summer 2007)
|Omar Arafa||Mohammed Shatnawi||Omar Eltobgy||Kiana Calagari||Alaa Eldin |
|Abdullah Aldhamin||Ahmed Abdelsadek||Mohsen Jamali|
|Md. Mahfuzur Rahman||Mohammad Hosseini||Pariya Raoufi||Ahmed
|Naghmeh Khodabakhshi||Kaushik Choudhary||Taher Dameh||Fei Gao||R. Cameron|
|Hamed SadeghiNeshat||Mohammad Alkurbi||Farid Molazem Tabrizi||Shabnam
|Yuanbin Shen||Cong Ly||ChengHsin Hsu||Yi Liu||Greg Kowalski|
|Hossein Ahmadi||Majid Bagheri||Osama Saleh|