Revision as of 13:23, 2 April 2009 by Cly
Multimedia Streaming in WiMAX Networks
This project is in early stages. It studies multimedia services in the emerging WiMAX networks.
Discussion and Ideas
References and Links
- Adding Video Traces to OPNET simulation
- WiMAX TV from NextWave MXtv utilizes macro-diversity technology to deliver optimal performance and does not require operators to acquire additional spectrum to enter the mobile TV market
- WiMax in the field Clearwire's equipments in the field
- WiMax Test Drive, Clearwire’s Barry Davis demonstrates the mobile WiMax/Wi-Fi router
- Multimedia Application Performance on a WiMAX Network
- TV Over Net Web site
- Cellualr News, Up to 12% of DSL Broadband users to switch to WiMAX within five years.
- Sprint spins off WIMAX unit into new Clearwire, 7 May 2008. Sprint, Clearwire, Intel, Google and others form a partnership to promote WiMAX.
- J. Wang, M. Venkatachalam, and Y. Fang, System Architecture and Cross-Layer Optimization of Video Broadcast over WiMAX, IEEE JSAC 25(4), pp. 712--721, MAY 2007. (Check this special issue of JSAC as well.)
- XOHMTM mobile 4G service WiMAX deployment by Sprint  (First pay-per-use WiMAX service offered in Baltimore, 2 to 4 megabits per second)
- WiMAX 802.16e Mobile Handoffs. Motorola Demonstrates World's First WiMAX 802.16e Mobile Handoffs in Downtown Chicago
- S. Ahson and M. Ilyas, The WiMAX Handbook, CRC Press, 2008. Three volumes. V1: Technologies, Performance Analysis, and QoS. V2: Standards and Security. V3:Applications, eCopy of V3 through SFU Library.