- UDP port 12345: for peer-to-server communication.
- TCP port 1515: for server monitoring messages.
- TCP port 1516 + : for server-to-server communication, where is the server index (, is the total number of replicated servers.
- TCP port 8888 and 8898: for peer-to-peer communication.
- TCP port 54321 and 54331: for streaming from peer to media player (on the same workstation).
- UDP port 61874: for peer-to-peer and peer-to-server ping packets. This is to measure route hop counts and round-trip delay.
- UDP port 30000-65534: random ports for peer-to-peer and peer-to-server traceroute packets. This is to identify the packet routes among these machines. Both ping and traceroute packets are useful in optimizing the performance of pCDN networks.